For 36 days in a row, a New Yorker named Michael Surtees took a picture of the sky in the morning. He then placed those 36 pictures in a square grid. The result was a pretty cool looking piece of art. You can see it below or click here to link to his page.
I thought of you, Kirk, when I saw this, as someone who defines color for a living. When someone says that the sky was blue, how exactly do you define that color blue? I love all the different shades.
Look at the water. It’s so still, not a ripple. And the sky, not a cloud. Just this beautiful shade of azure blue. And off to starboard you can hear a little sparrow warbling an oratorio just for us.
4 comments:
I'm guessing there's a new definition of "blue" in NY after the news of Eliot Spitzer today. Very sad....
Sorry...didn't mean to rain on your blue sky. It IS a very cool collection!!
Look at the water. It’s so
still, not a ripple. And the sky, not a cloud. Just this beautiful
shade of azure blue. And off to starboard you can hear a little sparrow warbling an oratorio just
for us.
Thanks "Andy"! What good memories!
Post a Comment