3.20.2008

A Brand New Start

You truly can buy anything on the Internet these days.

Click here to read an amazing article about a man from Australia who is so fed up with his life that he is putting his whole life up for bid on eBay. You can have his house, his car, his job and even his friends if you are the winning bid.

This plan has been endorsed by his friends and his employer. It doesn't say much about the quality of his relationships that his friends would willingly agree to something like this. I guess they are ready for him to go as well.

It also seems strange to me that someone would want to purchase a life that he is so ready to walk away from forever. He hates his life, but hey, you might love it! Not the best advertising...

Here is his webpage.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thanks for posting this Tony. It's really grabbed my attention.

I found this an intriguing distraction today - talked with David and the boys a bit about the whole concept - made for interesting discussion. I spent quite a bit of time on his website (the boys and I checked out his vehicles, his toys and his house) and found that he doesn't hate his life but only the fact that it is too full of memories from his extremely painful divorce.

Of course, we take OURSELVES with us wherever we go, but I'm finding this whole story very intriguing! Other people move to get away from situations, but they sell stuff a piece at a time - garage sale, single ebay items, etc. - and then put the rest on a moving van - but they too leave behind friends and work and house. It looks like he's just really streamlining the process - and making it fun and interesting to boot!

Personally, I hope it works for him and that he can leave the pain behind and that someone else will enjoy the STUFF he's left behind!

I hope he writes a book!