5.13.2007

Is this Lynden?

I mowed my lawn for the second time in a week last Saturday and still got a bag full of clippings off of it after getting two bags off just two days earlier. The perfect grass-growing weather and my spring fertilizer and my diligent battle against dandelions and my work edging began my wondering if my yard was even close to Lynden standards. But I soon realized that half of my green was clover and my grass was still too long to be "putting green" style and was way too dark green. So, I had to admit that I haven't arrived at Lynden standards of lawn. But I'm proud to at least have the thought cross my mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recognize the picture of the Homestead Farms golf course in Lynden. But I am not sure which green is shown in the picture.

I knew I wasn't looking at a Grandville glof course, for as far as I know none of the Granville golf courses have topped mountains in the background.

From your description, I would say that your lawn is indeed up to Lynden standards. Not every lawn in Lynden looks as good as a certain lawn on Seventh Street. But then not every Lynden home owner is retired either!

Sounds like you guys are about a month behind us as far as grass growth goes. The grass growth on my lawn is beginning to slow down, settling into summer mode.