3.12.2009

First Robin!


I saw my first Robin of the year yesterday! The temperatures also plunged down to the low 20s with high winds and a wind chill of 12 degrees. Needless to say, the excitement of the promise of spring coming was blown away by the same bitter wind that probably blew that poor robin back south again!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Today a baby mourning dove that was learning to fly flew really hard right into our window - poor thing was stunned for hours. We weren't sure it was going go make it, but it's gone, and since there aren't a bunch of feathers around, I'm assuming it actually flew away of its own accord rather than meeting a terrible fate.

We are not experiencing cold out here. In fact, I got a sunburn at Anthony's interminable track meet yesterday (we left after his second event and had been there 8 hours - I'm sure the thing went 12), but we are having unbelievable wind!

After 4 months of our back fence lying flat on the ground, our neighbor finally nailed it up again (not yet back to being David's thing), but if this wind keeps up, we're gonna be back to being white trash!