7.22.2008

Interpretation Please...





I was fascinated by these signed posted in the railway at Seattle's King Street Station...our final destination. No body taught me the meanings of these signs in drivers education. If any of you could provide some interpretation for me, I would be very grateful. The middle yellow sign doesn't look like a very encouraging end result. And the bottom orange sign seems to demostrate the bad results of drinking and driving a train. I'd love your wisdom on any of these!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This signs are an art project. The Sound Transit (Seattle area light rail system) web site http://www.soundtransit.org/x3660.xml gives this explanation:

Four-foot square traffic-type signs covered in a range of colorful reflective material are attached to sixteen columns opposite the Sounder commuter rail platform. Each sign/artwork has imagery of a simple black shape made up of a combination of traffic sign symbols from arrows, crosses, ‘Y’s and ‘T’s. These shapes have a subtle figurative quality. When seen together, the signs suggest movement in both directions. “Moto/motor/to move/motion- that’s the starting point,” says Mayer. "Let people’s imagination take it from there.”

Doesn't make sense to me, but then most modern art doesn't