12.18.2007

Summer Vacation!



Well, our summer vacation plans have been made. We will be spending time in Birch Bay, WA with Stacey's family which will be a lot of fun!

But we decided to have a little bit of fun getting there as well. Instead of cramming onto the cattle car they call an airplane, we have purchased seats on the train. We will be on a 46 hour ride over the Empire Builder. I've put a map here for you to see the route we will take. We will have a family sleeper that holds 4 and will eat like kings and queens (or princes and princesses) all along the way.

We are really looking forward to not only being in WA, but getting there as well!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting and fun! give me the "cattle car" however.

Anonymous said...

i also like the new home page look!

Tony said...

Where is your sense of adventure?! Word is they feed you REALLY well. And they have a National Parks ranger on board as you travel through various parks. Should be pretty cool! I need to find out if they are Wifi or not!

I was having fun trying out new colors for the home page. I'm not sure I'm done yet, but its good enough for now! Recognize the pictures?

Anonymous said...

it's the lepine 3 hour law...no travel anywhere by car longer than 3 hours away. we live by it.
recognize the pictures? why no, where could those have been taken?

Karen said...

Just be sure that you 4 are the first ones off the train and on the FIRST bus...we'd like to see you return home!!!

Heidi said...

I'll be eager to hear about a train trip traveled in style.

When David and I were first married we traveled from MI to CA by train - just in the regular seats. We took an ice chest. There were no showers available. I looked pretty icky for first seeing my parents again after a year of married life!!

Not only did I look icky, but I felt icky after dealing with 3? days of insomnia as I tried to sleep in a chair.

If I hear your way of going about this is pleasant and successful I may dare take a train again! (I'll certainly never do it the way I did before!)