10.17.2007

Easiest Pet

When Brant caught a grasshopper two months ago and stuck it in his little bug cage I felt bad for the poor little fella. I knew it was just a matter of days until it was a goner. Two months later, as fall now is setting in, I convinced Brant that it was time to let his pet go. For two months he faithfully put grass and water in the cage and kept his pet alive. I was very impressed! In honor of that accomplishment I give you pictures of his grasshopper's moment of freedom.






























Strange thing was, it hung around in the same place for a couple of days after being set free. I wonder if it forgot how to hop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story...but...did you ever think mr. grasshopper wants to stay in the house for winter?

Tony said...

I'm sure he would have loved to, but he never actually made it into our house. He lived out on the porch. Mr. and Mrs. Meyer didn't let Mr. Grasshopper in the house!

Heidi said...

Too cool!

And I'm sure Brant's memories of this will last a lifetime!