
Today is a holiday! At least in my mind. It is opening day! The Detroit Tigers take on the Toronto Blue Jays... sure sign that summer is close by.
I lifted this picture from a Tiger site I visit (double click to view it larger). The words printed here are the words with which the legendary announcer Ernie Harwell would start each season of Detroit Tiger baseball. Can anyone identifiy where this quote is taken from (without doing a google search!)?
Play ball!
(By the way...I'm on record for predicting 100 wins this year. Let's hope I'm right!)

3 comments:
Only 100?! What are you thinking, Tony?
Oh, that quote has to be either William Shakespeare or Al Gore, I'm not sure which one.
Go Tigers!
The fact that the Tigers substituted "turtle" for "turtledove" threw me off track at first. My first guess was it came from the book of Proverbs or the Song of Songs. Google confirmed it to be the latter.
Now I know why the Tigers are so loved :-)
Well done Opa.
Dave...you sure hold the writings of William Shakespeare and Al Gore in high esteem!
Too bad the Tigers lost. Good thing there are 161 more games coming!
Post a Comment